Travel Permit is a one-way travel document for returning to Bangladesh and is issued to a Bangladesh citizen who does not possess a valid Bangladesh passport. The document remains valid for a specified period and cannot be dispatched through postal/courier services.
- An application addressed to the Consul General explaining the circumstance and the reason for seeking travel permit (TP);
- Filled-in application form [download application form];
- Copy of the current/previous passport or 17 Digit online verifiable Birth Certificate or Original National ID (NID) card;
- 6 (six) copies of passport size colour photograph with white background; photographs should not be older than 6 months;
- In case of loss of passport, police report is required for the lost passport;
- In case of EFT, Payment slip of the service fee; EFTPOS is also available at the consular counter;
- Photocopy of all original documents;
- In case of direct application, applicant’s physical appearance for a interview is mandatory for issuing a ‘Travel Permit’;
- Issuance of Travel Permit is subject to the approval of the Consulate General as well as the successful submission of the required documents;
- Consulate General may ask for additional documents based on the merit of the application;
- Please wait patiently until the decision is made. You will be notified by the consular officer once the the decision is made.
The applicants are advised to read the following carefully prior to proceeding further:
- Fees are non-refundable even if an application is denied or withdrawn.
- Fees are subject to change without prior notice.
- The payment of the fee shall be made at least 03 working days prior to submitting the application form.
- A copy of the payment transaction receipt shall be attached with the application form.
- Cash/personal cheque/Direct Deposit is not accepted.
- Credit card/EFTPOS payment is available at the consular counter. Transaction fee of the card company will be applicable in addition to the consular fees.
Fees: A$ 37.00
Mode of Payment
Cash/personal cheque/Direct Deposit is NOT accepted.
The fees may be paid in one of the following ways:
- Credit Card/EFTPOS payment at the Consulate’s service counter. [In such case, transaction surcharge of the respective card provider will be charged in addition to the consular fees]; OR
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT); OR
- Postal Money Order/Bank Cheque payable to Consulate General of Bangladesh in Sydney;
Bank details for EFT are as follows:
Account Name: Consulate General of Bangladesh
Account No: 1927 4083
Bank Name: Commonwealth Bank of Australia
After payment of fees, attach copy of the payment transaction receipt with the application form.
Appointments can be booked online from the following link (http://services.cgbdsydney.gov.bd/)
The Consulate General does not provide any appointment over the phone or email. Please book your own appointment slot online from the above link of the Consulate’s website.
Note: The Consulate is experiencing a high volume of NVR applications at the moment. As a result, the appointment slots are rapidly filling up. We strongly advise you to book your appointment as early as possible to to submit your documents.
The applicant may appear at the following address for the interview with prior appointment booked at email@example.com or using the ‘book an appointment’ provision at the website of the Consulate.
Consulate General of Bangladesh in Sydney
Suite 2, Level 1
189 Kent Street
Sydney, NSW 2000
The application may be submitted in person on week days (excepting public holidays)during the consular service hours.
The delivery of the document may be obtained in one of the following ways:
- By the applicant in person; or,
- By authorized person. In this case, a letter of authorization issued by the applicant as well as proof of identity of the authorized person (photo IDs such as driving license, passport etc.) shall be required in addition to the delivery slip; or,
- By postal mail. In this case, self-addressed pre-paid Express envelope/Courier (signature on delivery) shall be sent to the Consulate while sending/submitting the application.